Friday, July 29, 2005

Summer class

Since 18 July, I have taken up a summer class in the school that I am going to teach in the coming school term. The course ended yesterday. My task is to boost some Form six students' writing skills.

The panel chair approached me in early July about teaching this summer class. I did struggle for this at the beginning. On one hand, I wanted to enjoy my summer holiday and I planned to take a short trip to Singapore or Taiwan at the end of July with my husband. On the other hand, the class might be a good chance for me to know more about the new school, the students and their practice. After discussing this issue with my husband and some of my colleagues, I decided to teach the class.

I am glad that I have taken the job. In the last 9 days, I was introduced to some 'coming' co-workers. We are going to have the staff retreat camp on 5 and 6 of August. At that time, I won't be a total stranger. I did know more about the practice of the school and the standard of the students. I know what they need and I can prepare the teaching materials in the rest of my summer holiday.

Taking a short trip is still what I want to do, perhaps I will have one in late August for about 4 days to Singapore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Mum~~~ glad to hear that you're enjoying your holiday and getting ready for your new job~~~ add oil~~~ we'll work hard too~~~ love you~~~ ^3^

7/29/2005 7:32 pm  
Blogger 無塵工作室 said...

Didn't come back for a while, how do you do?

Good luck:)

7/30/2005 4:56 am  
Blogger Louisa Kwok said...

Dustless,

Long time no see! I've visited your blog. You have changed to a new template and it looks nice.

7/30/2005 4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home