Monday, July 11, 2005

A new platform for blogging

The software that I used for making my homepage also provides a tool for blogging. I tried to use it today and found it far user-friendlier than the blogspot one, espeically when I tried to insert photos. What I have to do is to drag the photo to the place where I want it to be. However, it does have a few drawbacks.

1. It only provides two functions - archives and RSS. Nothing can be added to the sidebar, which means all my favourite links and beautiful buttons will be gone.

2. Comments can't be read when it is in the archives mode.

What do you think? Visit the blog and give me some comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Tong said...

Can you change styles (color schemes) in your new blog?

I like to change the look and feel of my blog frequently. This function is very important to me.

7/16/2005 6:23 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

time to get creative Ms. Kwok,. . . I think the CSS Eng. Dept is less techno-knowledgable now you've left. Any other teachers keep blogs? Have a nice summer.

7/23/2005 6:39 pm  
Blogger Louisa Kwok said...

I couldn't think of anyone else who keeps a blog...

You will be our only techno-knowledgable person left in the department. Have you ever thought of using "blogs" as a kind of teaching resources? How about "podcast"?

Recently my husband is working on his podcast and I am thinking whether it can be used in teaching English in my new school. Any ideas?

7/25/2005 7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home